If you are suffering from any pain, then it is always necessary that you go ahead and make an appointment with your family physician rather than taking painkillers on a daily basis. Painkillers, as we know, are harmful and lead to some health issues in the long run. But certain painkillers are not harmful and effective. In this post, we are going to discuss one such painkiller, which is widely in use due to the reduced number of side effects.
Amount of Codeine and Paracetamol in Co-codamol
Co-codamol consists of 2 painkilling ingredients – Codeine and Paracetamol. Co-codamol is used for short relieving painful conditions when Paracetamol is not sufficient alone. This painkiller is available in three different strengths, and one of them can be easily purchased from the pharmacies without any prescription. The Paracetamol contained in all the three strengths of Co-codamol is same, i.e. 500 mg. The amount of Codeine used different, and it determines the actual strength of the medicine. 15 mg/500 mg, 8 mg/500 mg and 30 mg/500mg are the other three tablets strengths available in the market; the first number reflects the amount of Codeine used in the tablet where the second amount shows the Paracetamol amount present in it. You can purchase these tablets from here https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/treatments/pain-relief/co-codamol-capsules/.
Why is Co-codamol not an alternative to pain relief?
Co-codamol is a combination painkiller that can be used to reduce the overall number of painkiller tablets taken by an individual in a day. But it is essential to keep in mind that this may not always be the best option for pain control because it is quite difficult to adjust the amount of dosage required to suit the level of pain you are suffering from and that too without increasing the risk of undergoing the side effects. Regular painkillers are not always the first thing that is prescribed by the physicians.
Why should Co-codamol be taken under expert guidance?
There are certain medicines which are not suitable for individuals who are suffering from specific conditions, and often few medicines need to be taken only under the expert guidance along with extra care. By these reasons, it is always advisable to consult with your doctor before starting with a file of Co-codamol. If you are suffering from the below health factors, it is always essential that you first visit your family physician and then start taking this drug under his guidance.
- If you are breastfeeding or pregnant
- If you are suffering from a problem of liver and kidney
- If you have difficulties with the passing of urine or prostate issues
- If you have faced a severe injury recently
- If you are allergic to any medicine
- If you have an inflammatory power problem or suffering from constipation for more than one week
- If you have a problem with gallbladder, gallstones and bile duct
- If you are addicted to alcohol or dependent on a particular drug in your everyday life
- If you have low BP or suffer from abnormal heart rhythm
- If you have muscle weakness or Myasthenia gravis
- If you are suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma
- If you have epilepsy problem
- If you have a problem related to adrenal glands of thyroid
- You are taking some other medicines, and it includes all those medicines which one not available without a prescription, as well as complementary and herbal medicines.
Co-codamol can be taken without doctor’s prescription but only for just a few days. The best part is that only the one with the lowest strength is available without any prescription.